Booking & Schedule
General Booking Information
Due to COVID 19 restrictions the Marine Heritage Society has cancelled the 2021 season. Thank you for all your support we hope to see you in 2022. We are now taking bookings for the 2022 Season they will run from May 28 until September 11. See schedule.
You cannot book online so please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org please include your phone number so we can call you to confirm availability and arrange for prepayment.
If you want to call us please leave a message with a phone number at 519-797-5862 or 866-797-5862.
$30.00 per person (includes HST)
• Children & adults same price
• Special group rates are available
• MasterCard, Visa and Debit accepted
Where and When to Arrive
Come to the Chantry Island Tour Base and Gift Shop located at the south side of the Saugeen River at the harbour in Southampton (see map) and arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled tour.
Check in and the Guide will take you to the dock for the Peerless II.
The tour is much like a medium hike and requires a degree of agility and fitness.
You can enjoy the tour without climbing the 107 steps in the Lighthouse tower. However, when you do reach the light room, you will always remember the view.
For safety, children must be a minimum of 4 feet tall and must be accompanied by an Adult.
Footwear suitable for hiking is mandatory. For safety reasons, Flip-Flops are not allowed.
The Fine Print
- The 2 hour tour must be pre-booked and prepaid
- There are 9 seats on the boat
- For refunds, cancellations must be received 24 hours before the scheduled departure
- Chantry Island is a Federal Migratory Bird Sanctuary and no pets are allowed on the island
- Cancellation can be caused by weather conditions but light rain is fine